Monday, March 2, 2020

Patterns!

Whether you recognize it or not, patterns play a large part within our day to day lives. Patterns are important to our lives and most of the time we don't even pay any attention to them because we are going about our daily lives and not think much about it.

Pink Pattern


But why? How do patterns play into our lives? Well, the answer is easier than you may think. Routine. As humans, we like routine. We like to know what our days are going to look like. I am a prime example of this.

Every day I wake up, get ready for school, go to school, then go to work, then go home to eat dinner and do homework and then go to bed just to wake up and do the same thing all over again the next day. But I am happy with this because I always know what my day will look like. Very rarely will something else come up to change that routine.

For me, I find my routine to be comforting. I never have to worry about what is going to come next. My daily pattern helps ease my anxiety and make me feel better. Most people are the same way when it comes to daily patterns. Yes, sometimes it may get boring and sometimes we may hate our routine, but in the end we love it. It allows us a sense of security.

Geometric Pattern


But for the part you have all been waiting for: How does this fit in with Diamond Dotz???
Well, for those of you who are already creating diamond dotz paintings, you know that diamond dotz has lots of patterns. When you make a diamond dotz image, there are lots of patterns using colors. You are, essentially, creating a pattern out of small diamonds.

Just the act of doing this, placing things in a pattern using color and even symbols, can help ease your mind. It can help ease your mind because as humans we like the idea of patterns, as I just explained above. So when we are creating patterns, it can be calming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creativity

Are you creative? Yes? No? Whether you answered yes or no, Diamond Dotz are for you. Diamond Dotz are for people both creative and not creat...